Thursday, November 21, 2013

Basketball Season!

Basketball season has started for Sam. He is on a new team this year and the families are just as fun as last year's team...which is important when you spend ALL day at tournaments with them! And we all know, it's about my happy social life! 

I love basketball season! Don't get me wrong, I love football, too, but weather can be an issue and I worry about Sam getting hurt in football. I know, he can get hurt in basketball, but you know what I mean. 

The team played great, but it did take a bit for them to get into the grove of playing together. They are a great group of young men...heehee...boys and they all go to school together and hang out at lunch. I have visions of them sitting on the lunch tables like the boys in the movie Grease.

Sam really worked the post position...it was fun to watch!

And the famous Sammy head tilt!

Sam was getting ready for the start of the game. At this time he tips the ball...which we need to work on his timing. The ref was asking him how many points he thought he was going to score.  Sam just giggled.

And the tip off...Sam is tall, but his vertical jump is a bit challenged.

Hello, Sam!

I ate my words of him getting hurt. In the second game,Sam went down, grabbing his knee and couldn't get up. Now Sam is very dramatic...he gets it from the males in his life (his dad and grandpa) so, at times I am not sure how badly hurt he actually may be. But this time, he tried to walk and went back down. Eek! I thought for a moment I was going to have to run out yelling, "MY BABY!! OH MY BABY!!!" But I just yelled on the inside.   After getting helped off the court, getting some ice and rest, he was good to go. What we think happened is that another player was driving to the basket and hit his knee on Sam's knee and he basically got a stinger. I don't know what that is, but that's what they told me happened. So I went along with it. Sometimes you just have to do that in order to survive when your child has an injury. Yes, he gets his dramatics from the males in his life!

No comments: