Friday, May 20, 2016

My Snake Boys...

We headed down to Kansas City for Mother's Day weekend and spent the day walking, shopping, eating and watching people!

I snapped a quick picture of my boys because they had planned their blue outfits and what mom can let a coordinated outfit picture pass by!

 We went out to eat on the Plaza that night and a guy just happened to be standing around allowing people to put his pet snake around their necks. Really? I don't know about you, but this was the first time I have run into a guy on the street with a snake.

I wasn't too surprised that Jack wanted to hang the snake around his neck (as long as Jason was with him) but Sam sure did knock me off my feet and out of my socks when he turned to me and said, "I'm going to do that!"  I couldn't believe it!! 
And...he wanted to do this alone!! 
This was HUGE for Sam in so many different ways and I was so proud of him!! He is starting to spread his wings a little and it's fun to see him try them out every once in awhile. 

Me...did I try it out. Absolutely not. No way, No how. 

But, it is the first time I felt bad for a snake. It had to be drugged out just to lay like it did...that actually bothered me, even though it was a snake.


No comments: