Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Rumor...

Finished a fun summer read, The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand! No, I did not mean winter read, it was definitely a summer read. One you can finish in a couple days, set in the summer on Nantucket Island where it's warm, and sunny, and they sat by the pool and went to the beach...and got tan...

ANYWAY...enough about my day dream! On to the book!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ny5-y08NL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 
I don't know why I picked this one up from the library, but the idea of a book based solely on rumors got my interest.  As I have gotten older (more mature and wiser) I have seen, heard, watched and felt the teribble effects rumors can have on individuals, friends and family.  I will admit, I don't always turn a deaf ear when it comes to gossip, but I rarely spread the word on! So, a whole book about a rumor? This rumor has got to be pretty good! 

From Amazon:
And rumor has it...

...that Madeline, a novelist, is battling writer's block, with a deadline looming, bills piling up, and blank pages driving her to desperation--and a desperately bad decision;

...that Grace, hard at work to transform her backyard into a garden paradise, has been collaborating a bit more closely that necessary with her ruggedly handsome landscape architect;

...that Grace's husband, successful island real estate developer "Fast Eddie" Pancik, has embarked on quite an unusual side project;

...that the storybook romance between Madeline's son, Brick, and Grace's daughter Allegra is on the rocks, heading for disaster.

As the gossip escalates, and they face the possible loss of the happy lives they've worked so hard to create, Grace and Madeline try mightily to set the record straight--but the truth might be even worse than rumor has it.

The story is also told from the perspective of the town, Nantucket and how the rumors spread. It was a fun, easy read that you could easily finish in a few days. But, don't tell anyone I told you to read it!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
Yea.
That was pretty bad.


No comments: