Monday, November 17, 2014

A Confession..

Sometimes I just want to throw it all away.
WHAT? 
Throw what away??
Sometimes I just want to throw all my scrapbooking stuff away and start over.
WHY??
Well, there are several reasons.
First, I have a lot of stuff.  I organize and reorganize and I still can't find what I want to use or did I even have that embellishment/paper/ink in the first place? 

Then I get overwhelmed and grouchy. Grouchy does not help with the creative process. So then I start to panic.  How am I ever going to go through all this stuff.  And the big question: what if I get rid of this and then later I need it?  Because, you know that always happens!!

Well, I came across an article where a scrapbooker gave up scrapbooking for three years due to being overwhelmed. Right now, I totally get it. She also shared an article on how to go on a Scrapbooking  Diet.
scrapbook diet 
You can check out the article here.  
See her shelves...that is IT!! Those are her scrapbooking supplies! Wow! And I actually like it! Could I get down to those few supplies...ummmm...No. But could I get MY stuff down to more manageable amount...absolutely!!

A part of her article that really hit home was the "Downsize" section. She wasn't referring to downsizing as in getting rid of your supplies, but downsizing the size of your albums! I am a HUGE fan of mini-albums. I love to create them and can bang those out in no time! Love the little stories or events in a little book.
 THEN WHY AM I TRYING TO DO 
12x12 ALBUMS???
WHY AM I TRYING TO DO PROJECT LIFE IN A 12X12 ALBUM?
WHY AM I DOING SPORTS IN A 12X12 ALBUM?
I am failing miserably at 12x12 anything and especially at 12x12 project life. I get frustrated and end up doing absolutely nothing with the pictures! 

This quote comes to mind:
https://behappy.me/i/54/70/125470/preview.png 

So, I have come to the conclusion, that I need to go into scrapbooking detox. What does that mean? As described in the article, I need to look at my supplies in a new light. I am going to "shop" my supplies, meaning would I buy that item now if given the chance? I KNOW there are things that I have that I wouldn't give a second glance at in a store today and those things need to go!

I think I have a fabulous scrabooking room and I want it to be the happy place it was intended to be. My creative space! My happy supplies that inspire me!! 

So wish me luck and here I go...let the detox begin!!

No comments: