Monday, August 19, 2013

Cris Carter...

So back to our vacation! 
Cris Carter was the entire reason for the trip to Ohio and I have yet to share those exciting pictures!

As shared before, the new hall of fame inductees were walked into the stadium and seated on the field while the other 120 HOFers were introduced.  Jason immediately spotted CC walking into the crowd.

This is a picture on the teleprompter while CC was introduced and walked to the stage. What was really awesome was the high school football team that made a tunnel for the players to walk through on their way to the stage. All inductees high fived the high school players!! Wouldn't that have been cool to do as a kid!

Here CC is being introduced to the crowd. During his introduction, Jason handed me the camera and said, "I can't take any pictures. I have to watch this in real life!" and handed me the camera. I was happy to help him out!

Jack knew how excited Jason was to see his idol.
I LOVE this picture!
And I think Jack thought it would help his chances of getting on TV!!
 

CC had a great speech (all the speeches were about 20 minutes in length and CC was the last to be  inducted!) It was pretty cool to hear his journey through football, ineligibility in college, drugs and alcohol after the Eagles and the entire rocky road.  But as he said, "I have had a smooth landing!"
 

There was a lot of driving in order to reach our destination of Canton, Ohio, but it was well worth the trip.  We will definitely go when Adrian Petersen is inducted...and when Jared Allen is inducted...and I am sure Jason will think of a few other Vikings players we will have to be witness to their induction to the Hall of Fame.

No comments: