Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Reading Suggestion...

Holy Guacamole!!
I have needed a good read in some time. One that you can't put down.  One that you think about when you aren't reading it. One that doesn't necessarily twist and turns, but things just keep coming up unexpectedly. And this is the book that did all that for me (No it wasn't 50 Shades of anything!!)

John Hart's Iron House.

My mom kept suggesting that I read this book. For vacation, I knew I was going to finish the book I was reading, so I packed this one to take along...just in case.  I started it on Thursday (read while the kids swam) and then read all the way home on Friday.  By then I was half way done with the book and still couldn't put it down!! My mom and a friend read it in less than three days. The first chapter sets up the "love" story and the second chapter the book gets rolling!! YEA!!

Anyway, I don't want to say too much, so I am going to tell the "gist" of the story mostly from the flap..otherwise, I will get too excited and share too much! The story is about Micheal and his younger brother Julian. They were both abandoned when they were babies and then brought up in an orphanage...the Iron House.  A boy is killed at the orphanage and Micheal makes a sacrifice for Julian. Jump ahead. For twenty years, Micheal has been a leader in organized crime, he meets Elena and decided to "quit" the crime life.  The "boss" of the organization is dying and Steven, the bosses son, wants Micheal to pay for leaving the life. They will be able to go after Micheal as soon as the old man dies...and that's about all I can tell you.  :)



No comments: