Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Decade Ago...(sniff sniff)

Today my baby blue turns 10 years old!! Thought I would share some stories about the photos and some memories of his birth day...the longest day of my life!

(Warning: loads of pictures and stories that aren't in an real order!)

I didn't get my first digital camera until 2004, when Sam was 2, so I don't have any "baby" pictures to share. This was when Sam was almost two years old.

This was Sam's first big owie...he fell down the back steps and gave himself a rug burn on the floor mat.

When I see these blue eyes, I know my 18 hours of labor was all worth it.

In the summer, Sam loved his goggles..

...and playing in the sprinkler.  What a dude.

Jack came along when Sam was three years old.

Sam was 10 pounds one ounce when he was born.  When the Dr. was wheeling me down to the c-section room, after 18 hours of labor (did I mention that?), she told me not to worry...the baby was only about 7 to 7 1/2 pounds. Oops!

The odd thing is, is that I was on bed rest for 10 weeks due to pre-term labor...he was probably seven pounds at THAT time!
 

When I got to the hospital,the secretary asked for my doctor's name. I gave her my dentist's name.  She told me very kindly that she hadn't heard of that Dr. before.  I rolled my eyes at her.  Then it dawned on me, "Probably not because it is my dentist's name. i can't remember my doctor's name at three in the morning and while I am in so much pain."  My doctor's name finally came to me!

Sam's Grandma Sharon bought this little number to wear while at her pool.  It is suppose to have floaters inside the suit, but that was a little too tight for Sam.  He refused to take this jazzy little number off!

Jack looked at Sam like this the entire time we were there.