Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mushrooming...


Jack and his Grandma Sharon went out Mushrooming in our timber.  Unfortunately, they didn't find a single mushroom...after scouring for over an hour...on the 85 degree day!  However, they did find this bone.  Yep. A real "live" bone.  They were both very excited about their find...not me. Seriously, what kind of animal had that kind of left-over bone in our woods...by our house?  So I have rationalized it all out.  It was a deer that had gotten "bowed" by a hunter and it died...and the hunter couldn't track it.  Other animals (lord knows what kind) "feasted" off the dead deer. Why only one bone left?  the "feasters" drug the other parts of the deer far away to enjoy...on their own...away from a crowd.

That is my story and I am sticking to it...though that story bothers me, too.

No comments: