Friday, August 19, 2011

A BIG Day at the State Fair...

Our state fair is a BIG state...a BIG state fair it is....


While checking out the State Fair web-site, I noticed that you can make an itinerary for your day.  The organizer in me bloomed!


So with our itinerary in hand, the boys (including Jason) headed to the fair. First time that we did not pull a wagon or push a stroller...yes!


Jack started the day with a BIG sierra mist...the best sierra mist he has ever had.


Sam and I started with a BIG grinder.  My favorite fair food.  (last time At the fair i went to the counter to get my grinder and a girl threw up on the sidewalk right behind me.  Needless to say, I didn't eat that grinder.)


The boys had to ride the BIG slide.


Sam is on the far right with Jack behind him.


We checked out the big bull.


Looked at the BIG pig with the BIG nasty teeth. (Bloody hell nasty.)


Got a picture with the BIG pumpkin that you are not to touch or lean on...oops!
And Jason got his picture taken with a "BIG" politician.
Jack asked if Sarah Palin was the one who made the butter cow.
Jason, "No, she's not that talented." (sorry if that offended anyone.)
Moose Update:  First, thanks for all the well wishes for Moose!  She is doing a bit better. She is not to go up and down the stairs and that is driving her crazy.  She is not happy when we all go up stairs to go to bed.  Wed. night she would bark and then I would come down and she would just look at me, "HI!"  I went back to bed. I woke up at 3:00 am with panting..nope, not Jason, but Moose!  She climbed those stairs..that stinker!!  The trick was to get her down the stairs, the next morning, which was accomplished by me putting her front end on my lap and scooting down the steps while she moved her back paws.  Her swelling is much better and she moved around a bit more last night.  She SO wants to go outside and sit and chase balls.  Not for at least 4 more days!!

2 comments:

Esther said...

Moose just loves her Mommy!! :)

Cheryl said...

You're taking good care of her!!