Thursday, August 18, 2011

24 Hours...

The following all happened in 24 hours...

Moose sat under a tree for 2 hours straight waiting for a squirrel that never came down. She finally left and then saw something in the woods...took off. Came back and sat on the front porch. It looked as if she had drooled all down the front of herself (right under her chin.)  I assumed it was from watching that squirrel.

 I touched it...it wasn't drool (and what was I thinking to touch it?) I said, "Did you get in some sap, Moosie May?" Then I got a whiff of her...it wasn't sap, but something that rhymes with that.

Got her all cleaned up.

Last night, Moose came inside, all wet....so I knew she had chased something into the woods...again! She took awhile to get up and when she came inside I could see that she was limping. She had hurt her front left paw. Wasn't broken, but obviously hurt.

Got up in the morning and Moose hadn't moved from her bed. Her "ankle" was pretty swelled up. made and appointment for the vet.

Had to get the lawn mowed. Started mowing. Noticed some "rope"....no...."stick"...in the lawn. Nope. It was a SNAKE! I had run over a snake. If you are scared/bothered by mice, toads, spiders...that is exactly how I feel about snakes. I can't even look at books with snakes in them. So, when I saw the snake, I thought I was going to pass out...then I thought I was gong to get sick and then I thought i was going to cry...you get the idea. My dog can't even take care of them due to being laid up!

Time for Moose to go to the vet. The vet was concerned that she may have been bit by something and asked if there was anything that she could have gotten bit by...(yea...maybe even a snake!) Well, the good news was that she only sprained her ankle. Put her on an anti-inflammatory/pain-killer and "cage rest" which means that she can only go outside to use the bathroom for the next 5 days.


This is how we feed Moose..we bring the food and water to her. (I noticed how she blends well with our woodwork!) Notice how her left leg is swollen. Ouch! She is telling me, "Those are some good drugs..I mean this is good food."

At this time, this is how she sits. Notice her left paw is swollen.

Now, time to go get Sam from football. Jack asks if he can look at the snake. I drive up the lane (due to the fact that i will not walk in the grass ever again.) He jumps out and takes a good look at the snake and then gets in the car and states,
 "That's bloody hell nasty!" (WHAT???)


and here is Moose winking saying, "I totally agree, jack my boy. I feeeeleeelll gooooooood."

I hope the next 24 hours is a bit calmer.

No comments: