Thursday, June 16, 2011

NCAA Track Meet...

Jason and I love track, so last Friday, we decided to take the boys to the NCAA track meet at Drake.

We had to start the evening with a snack. After a small ice-cream dessert, we headed into the stadium...the next event was to begin at 6:35 pm. Last Friday was chilly and overcast and as soon as we walked into the stadium, it began to rain AND there was lightning spotted in the area...that means an automatic 30 minute delay...UGH!!

We headed over to a lecture hall to wait out the rain...thank goodness I threw in the boys DS games at the last second!


Back to the stadium...FINALLY the races were to begin....at 7:35! Double UGH!! As you can see, Jack was so excited about the news, that I almost had to restrain him! The first race was 1 minute from beginning and it started POURING...but no lightning, so on with the races! The boys and I huddled under a bright red poncho..I looked like Mother Ginger from the Nutcracker! We stayed until 9:00pm...weathering the on and off rain. Sam and I bet quarters on each race. I am proud to say I won 25 cents...Sam won $1.25.

Needless to say, everyone was exhausted by the time we got home...
Jack fell asleep in the car and continued to sleep after we carried him into the house and laid him on the rug....Moose was bothered by him just laying there and not doing anything...that is so unlike Jack!!

The boys headed back down on Saturday...much better weather and great races!! 

No comments: