Friday, April 30, 2010

A Week in the Life...

I have been working on getting my Week in the Life album together. It is a bit more work then I anticipated, but I am hanging in there and pretty determined to get this thing done. What is really keeping me going is this quote from the book "Lift" by Kelly Corrigan. The last line really resonated with me:

“The average person knows ten stories from their childhood and those are based more on photographs and retellings than memory. Which means, that with all the photos I have taken, you’ll be lucky to have 14 stories from your childhood. You won’t remember the things I know about you that you don’t even know about yourselves.”


This is the cover page to explain why I decided to make this album...

This is the "opening" page each day. It included the story of what happened during the day.

I also included the blog posting for the day...

This is one of my favorite pages. It is a baseball trading card holder. It is about the size of ATC trading cards. It allows me to put a lot of info in a small area. I also don't have to spend lots of time or thinking about pictures or layouts.
Wish me luck that I get it done!! :)

1 comment:

The Grimes family said...

Looks great!! That little camera down in the left hand corner, is that a stamp? If it is I need to get one :). I am going to start my week in the life on Monday. I still need to go and get my baseball card holders. Did you see on Ali Edwards site that she used her sewing machine to sew regular page protectors? (I think I will stick with baseball card holders);)