Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Weekend Project...

This weekend I took on the project of painting our bedroom. The entire process, from picking out paint to putting the room back together, took about a week. Not bad in my book...
The color in our bedroom was a red and a beige sponge paint. I took this picture right before I began...notice I had already gotten a Starbucks to get me going!! I painted it "corral fence." It's a brown with a dark green tint. It looks different during the day then it does at night...I really like this color and will use it again.
This is the color afterwards...We have a bathroom off of our bedroom and I painted it the same color as the room. I don't believe the previous owners had a shower curtain, but I insisted that Jason put one up...I was freezing in the morning with no "protection!"
And here is the bedroom. I really like how it turned out. My mom made the quilt for Jason and I as a Christmas gift and the colors go well with the new walls. After all that work, Sam was laying on the bed, admiring my work and said, "I think this color is more like you mom. Calm, dull and not very exciting as the red." I am hoping he didn't mean it as it sounded, but after I took these pictures, I was so calm that I laid right down and took a nap!

2 comments:

Janet said...

lol Your new color is gorgeous! It looks a lot like the color of our house!

Gma, Mom said...

I really like the color! And you aren't dull!!