Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Bookshelf...

I added a new widget last night. (The word 'widget' makes me laugh.) You can see it on the right hand side of my blog. It took me about an hour to get the bookshelf on (pulling my hair out - again!) You are able to display the books that you are reading, have read or plan on reading. Notice I don't have my categorized yet. The first book on there (the one with the girl licking her lips) is the book I am currently reading. It is not a romance novel (yucky!) It is called "Dead Until Dark." A friend recommended it to me, not the genre (vampires) that I usually read, but it is a "light" read and is actually getting pretty good. The author has 7 more books in this series and they have all gotten awesome reviews. (mom and sis, I will not be able to loan these to you - sorry!) The series of books is now going to be a series on HBO. Just another thing for me to try to keep up with!
I think I may do a bit more with my bookshelf in the future~I really don't need another thing to keep updating...my kids are really getting tired of warmed up leftovers or the question, "What do you want for dinner?" Boys answer, "Hot dogs and mac & cheese." (while saying this they have looks on their faces like 'there is NO WAY she is going to let us have that again!') Me, (after some contemplating) "Okay." The boys look at each other with their mouths opened thinking to one another: "NO WAY! This is AWESOME!" No, I DO NOT make them get the food ready by themselves...yet.

1 comment:

Julie said...

You crack me up - from a pic of you and JB to the right hand side being loaded up - way to go Ms. Katie. I'll have to check out other widgets. I thought they were called something else and yes I totally understand the frustration. You should hear the way my cousin tells the story of me, my laptop, my brushes with photoshop and my SOS emails late one night. Grrrr.

Great job....and hey, mac & cheese with hot dogs. Yum!?!?!?!