Thursday, November 12, 2015

Uh Oh

Have you ever done something and suddenly you say, ''Uh Oh."
Poor Sam experienced one of my "uh oh" moments. 

I cut Sam's hair. It's super easy. I've done it so many times and I have a little routine down.
1. Put the #1 or 1/8" trimmer Guard on the clippers.
Doing this will cut Sam's hair 1/8 all around.
2. Take the guard off  to"shave his neck and trim his sideburns."
This goes all the way to the skin...like a razor.

So, Sam asked me to cut his hair the other night. No problem. We were talking when I started trimming his hair and suddenly I said "uh oh."
Sam immediately screeches, " What!! What did you do?
His face is red in panic!
"Ummm..I forgot to put the guard on. I shaved your head."
"WHHHAAATTT?!?!" His voice went up about 10 octaves.
Me: "Ya. I just shaved your head."

Here's what it looked like after I finished cutting his hair with the guard on...you can see the strip right up the middle of his head where I shaved it. He wanted me to take a picture to see how bad it was!  


In walks Jason. "What's going on?"
"Well," I tried to explain. But all Jason did was look at Sam's head and said, "Are you kidding me?" 
Me: "It's not that bad, I think I can fix it with scissors."
Sam: "Mom, no offense, but you are not trying to fix my hair. Dad, can you fix my hair??"
And so, Jason calmly picks up the clippers and spends about 20 minutes evening out the landing strip I created on the back of Sam's head.
In the end, all was well and extremely short with Sam's hair!

No comments: