Monday, January 13, 2014

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

Remember when I shared some "changes" that I may be making/doing with my blog? Well, I think I will share "other things" not sure what the other means, but we will find out together!
 
Today, I am going to share with you this AMAZING face mask that my mom introduced me to: Ren Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask (available on-line or at Sephora.). No mater what I use to wash my face (soap, creams, scrubs) I always get these little dry flakey spots all over my face.
 
I'm sure you have noticed...they wave at you while I am talking to you. I leave the house flakeless (for the most part) and then when I get home I state out loud, "REALLY? Those weren't there when I left!"
 
Kind of like that unflattering hair that decides to grow 2" as soon as you step out of the house...you know what I'm saying.
 
Anyway, my mom shared that she has the same issues and had tried this Ren Facial Mask and had success.
 
 
I must share, I am not a fan of the facial mask. I have a history with failed masks. One, I have ultra sensitive skin. Two, I stare at the clock until the allotted 10 minutes is done and I can wash the goop off my face!!  
 
Mask story:
My mom, sister and I were on a shopping trip. That night at the hotel, my sister INSITED that I try her new mask cream. "It's great! It won't hurt your face at all!" So of course, I put it ALL OVER MY FACE!  Sure enough, 2 minutes later, my face is on fire!! "CAN I WASH THIS OFF?!!?" Megan says, of course,  "Weeeellll. You are to keep it on for 10 minutes to get the full effect of the mask." About 30 seconds later I am in the bathroom washing my face.  I come out and both my mom and Meg look at me with big eyes. Megan's hand goes over her mouth and says, "Oh. I've never had that happen before."  I looked like the WWF wrestler Brother Love.
 
 Meg goes on to say, "Hope that's gone by tomorrow when we go to the mall."  Really. YOU hope?
 
So, anyway, I haven't tried a mask since. My mom gave me a trail of hers before I would purchase my own jar. It worked like a dream! Flakes gone! and a bonus..my face was SO smooth and my make-up went on much better! The bad part is the cost...it is $55 a jar. BUT, you only need to use it once a week and you don't have to use much to get the desired effect! It was worth the money!
 
Must share that doing a facial mask with girls is MUCH different than doing it with a house full of boys. I was "doing" my facial mask and walking around the house to pass the time. Jack happened upon me. He looks at me...walks closer...then asks,
 "Are you sweating?"
Me: No, I am doing a facial mask.
Jack: You are doing that on purpose.
Me: Yes. It helps my skin.
Jack stares at me...looks closer...touches it...and states, "Nasty."

No comments: