Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Grandma's Stool...

So my painting adventures continues.
On this day I decided to tackled a Grandma's old stool.

My Grandma Shane had this stool in her kitchen and would sit on it to do the dishes. It is the perfect size for you bum and perfect height. She passed away when Sam was two years old. (I still miss her SO much!)  I have had it for some time and FINALLY decided where I could put it to good use...in my new scrap space!

I cleaned it up, spray painted the legs white and the seat gray. Super easy.

It will look perfect with my "new" table!
Unfortunately, every time I would look at the stool, it just seemed too "perfect."

(sorry about the sideways look!)
Nothing that the sander couldn't fix!! Roughed up the top of the stool and the legs, added a few black "worn" streaks...perfect!

Can't wait to use it in a couple of weeks!!
 

No comments: