Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Volunteering...

At school, Sam's classroom has an optional project of volunteering in the community. Sam knew right away that he wanted to participate and do his volunteering at the library! (we love the library!)  He made the initial call and talked with the head volunteer person about the steps he needed to take.  We then stopped up at the library and he picked up a volunteer application, filled it out and set up a little interview. I was so proud of him!

On his first night he shelved movies in the children's section and put together pamphlets.  He loved every minute of it!! He even stayed an extra 15 minutes!! What dedication!

When it was time to take him to the library, I asked him if he wanted me to walk him in. "No. I think I've got it!"  Oh. I thought to myself.  My little boy is growing up.  I was also glad that he was ok doing this on his own..so much braver than his mother was at this age! Good job, Sam!

No comments: