Sunday, October 9, 2011

Scrappy Sunday...

I am taking an online Copic marker class and thought I would share my accomplishments so far.


The first assignment was to remove the inside papers of a composition notebook.  Next, I sewed in the copic papers we will be using during class.  It was very easy to sew in the papers...punched a few holes and used twine to secure the pages.

Here you can see the two rows of twine from sewing in the pages.


We sewed in a lot of pages. Actually we folded five pages in half and sewed along the fold.  We had two sets of pages to sew into the covers.


Here you can see where I sewed along the fold.


I used the Basic grey Out of Print collection for my covers.  The tree paper is from Little Yellow Bicycles fall collection.

Our first coloring assignment was to choose a quote to "color." this is one of my favorite quotes...next to a stamp I recently purchased "I have no idea what I am doing out of bed."  (as you all know..I value my sleep!) I tried to use a letter bubbling technique on the word "you" and as you can see, it really didn't work for me, so I just free handed the rest of the words...much easier!

Everything on this page was done with a few copic markers.  The black is a copic multi-liner pen.  It is my favorite pen for doodling and journaling!   My next assignment is to doodle on a page and then color it with copics...guess I need to go get on the phone and call someone so the doodling can begin!

No comments: