Monday, July 25, 2011

Sam's Tri...

Sam has spent the last couple of months training for his first kids triathlon. Saturday was the day for the race...

The race was to start at 8:30am. We got up nice an early to get ready. My sister even joined us for the excitement.



"7" has always been my lucky number and it is my "follow" number. I have a "7" in my phone number, my driver's license number ,my license plate, the first three letters in my address equals 7, Jack was born in the 7th month, I was married in the 7th month on the 17th, I was born in 1970, Sam was born on the 16 (1+6=7), Jason was born on the 17th, and much more, but you get the idea. (Do you have a "follow" number...start thinking - I bet you do!)
So, can you imagine my excitement when Sam's number was "77!" Can't get any better than that!







Why the 9...that's his age. Jack enjoyed announcing how old everyone was as we walked around and WAITED and WAITED for the race to begin. If you remember Saturday morning, it rained and rained, so the race officials kept putting the race off for 30 minutes, and then 30 minutes more....



and 30 minutes more, and 30 minutes more....Sam waited for 3 1/2 hours until they finally cancelled the race due to weather.



Sam was pretty bummed that it was cancelled, but he got some cool t-shirts and new "gear."
Maybe next year....on the 7th!!

No comments: