Monday, November 15, 2010

Sam's First Bill...

Sam received his first bill...

An overdue from the library!!

He had the book in his room and I kept telling him that he needed to return the book. When i saw it in his room, I asked him sternly, why had he not returned the book to the library...he told me, "It isn't a school book, mom. It is the PUBLIC library and i can't drive there." What is a mother to say except, "Well, you should have told me it was a public library book." (a total jack statement!!)
 So, do I pay for the fine or do I have Sam pay for the fine?? What would you do?

4 comments:

Janet said...

lol I'd probably tell him that normally he would have to pay it but in this case, since there was a mis-communication, that you will be a nice mommy and pay the fine for him. But any future offenses will be his to cover! lol

marlo/mom/nanny said...

I agree with Janet. Love the comment that he couldn't drive there.... chuckle!

Anonymous said...

WOW it even says Sam T. Belding! Too funny, agree with Janet also.

Julie B said...

Ms. Katie - really, what do you think I'd say....but you know how I'm biased towards Sam!!!

Okay...I agree with Janet.