Monday, November 29, 2010

Preparing the Turkey on Thanksgiving...


My mom came over nice and early to help me prepare the Thanksgiving turkey. I had most things ready to go, but just COULD NOT reach into the turkey to get the extra innards out of it. I tried self talking, but that didn't work. I am not lovable and capable to pull out raw gizzards from the raw insides of a turkey. I couldn't find rubber gloves anywhere in the house...so I had to wait for my mom to arrive to do the dirty work...


I am not sure what this expression on my mom's face is trying to tell me...but I am guessing...
1. What do you MEAN you can't touch a turkey without gloves?
2. What is wrong with your eldest son (in the background)? I haven't even gotten the turkey out of the bag!
3. Have you seen such a full breasted turkey?

In this picture my mom has just found the gizzards and is holding them up for the boys to see...Sam's face says it all..

Sam moved in a bit closer and then mom pulled out the neck...at this point I am very happy to be on the other side of the counter!