Friday, September 24, 2010

An Official Katie Kitchen...

It is now an official Katie Kitchen...
The other night I was making the boys dinner...french fries and fish sticks. Yum. I should have know it wasn't going to be good when jack said, "I can't have that...I had that for lunch." Right then, I should have stopped the making of dinner...but Sam needed to eat before football practice so i kept on going.
I heated up one of the fabulous ovens and then Jason ran into the house from work. "Come on Sam, we gotta go!" I had forgotten practice was at 6:00 not 6:30, so Sam wasn't going to be eating my gourmet dinner that night. Made him a quick sandwich and sent him out the door. Another sign i should have stopped, but NO, I put those frozen breaded items into that new oven!
Then my painter called and wanted to know what areas on the outside of the house should be painted what color...so, being a visual person, I went outside to tell him the color placement. I had just hung up with the painter and Jack came to the door and said,
"The bell keeps dinging!" UH OH! The fabulous dinner...once again, burned to a crisp...very evenly burned this time though!

(I think I need a new baking sheet...I think I have over used the Pam on this one!)

I walked into the living room and said to Jack,"Well, what would be your second choice for dinner?" He reminded me that he really hadn't chosen fish sticks and french fries as a choice and that it was a good thing that he ate some of these crackers...He had just opened that bag of crackers when i got on the phone with the painter...and i wasn't on it for no hour!! "Why did you eat half a bag of crackers???" i questioned him..."Mom, they are just so darn good."
What could I do. I asked him if he wanted to share an apple (get some nutrition in the kid) and he said, "mom, I would love to share an apple with you." Everything was all better then...over a delicious Honey Crisp apple (mine and Jack's favorite apples of all time!)

Later, when I was dong important computer work and Jack was playing legos, he built me a few little men. The guy dressed in white (half baker half medic) is my baker...he will bake dinner for me (YEA!) and the other guy (dressed in black) will bring me my drinks.