Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Living with Lego Minifigures...

Story 1:
Something you may not know about me, is that I really like little mini Lego figures. They are so darn cute! So, when the boys and I found this little camera guy (with a camera bag), we just had to get it for my dad, who is a photographer and loves cameras. I told the boys that this little guy was perfect, except for the color of his hair...it needed to be gray. Well, Sam insisted that there were NO figures with gray hair...which sent me on a search...


I pulled out the "Standing Tall" Lego book, which has pictures of all the minifigures (I am thinking of framing some of the pages - they are pretty darn cool!) and looked for a gray haired figures. I only found 4 that Lego had created: male worker made in 2007, Grand Moff Tarkin (a star wars guy) made in 2006, Professor Dunbledore (from Harry Potter) who has long hair and a long beard and Sensei Keiken. So, needless to say, Sam was correct. So I have accepted that the above guy is a young grandpa!


Story 2:
The other night I went in to check on Jack in bed. Beside his bed I saw the below Lego spider, but in the dark, it doesn't look like a Lego. That day, we had been spraying for bugs and sweeping up dead ones, including several spiders. So, in my head I said, "Holy crap!" and then the instinct of terminating it kicked in. So, I held my breath and pounded it with my fist...obviously, the little bug didn't even flinch. Hmmm...might it be....fake? So I touched real quick my finger. Oh. Oops. Just a Lego piece...thank goodness!

2 comments:

Janet said...

hahahaha! Oh, my gosh...that is too funny.

And I do think you could spray paint those Lego dude's hair gray. Something to consider...

The Grimes family said...

I just saw last night that we have paper at work with mini lego figures on it!! and I was thinking the same thing as Janet, try to change the color of his hair :)