Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hello...

I am downstairs doing laundry and look up at the window and see this looking back at me.
First feeling: totally creeped out.
First thought: Can he get in?
Second thought: No...I don't think he can get in...
Third thought: Yell, "BOYS COME HERE!"
Next thought: If I yell at the boys, they will see it. Then they will want to go outside to look at it. Jack will jump in the window well and try to catch it. Once he catches it, he will play with it until it lays there or ends up with a bloody eye, like the previous toads. Then Sam will be stressed out or want to keep it in the empty fish tank to help heal the thing. We or I will end up having to catch bugs to feed the thing.

Final thought: Go and get my camera and take a picture of it...
and don't say anything to the boys!


Here is the little guy in the window well watching me do my laundry.

This toad owes me...big time. I saved his life and his eye!

Later, I showed the boys the pictures. They immediately went out to the window well to check it out...Jack was bummed it was gone. Sam asked, "Why didn't you tell us?" So I quoted the above...he replied, "Yea. Probably a good idea to keep it to yourself."

1 comment:

Janet said...

la, la, la...just catching up on my blog reading and suddenly I came to THIS POST!!!!

ACK!!!

I'M BACK IN THAT DARK PLACE, COWERING IN THE CORNER!!!