Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Brothers...

The night after Jack's accident and stitches, Sam, Jack and I were laying on my bed talking about the day. We talked about how when Sam saw Jack and realized that he would need stitches, Sam lost it. Sam started crying and pacing and saying he thought he was going to throw up. He shared that I kept saying to him (calmly), "Sam, you need to pull yourself together and take some deep breathes." He went on, "You kept saying that to me and I just couldn't do it!"

Looking back, I think I was probably doing a little self talk! If you know me, I can't handle blood, especially cuts or slices and ones that are brought on by accidents. Jack's accident falls into all of those categories! I am proud to share that I did pull myself together and took a lot of deep breathes...

Sam went on to explain why he was so upset, "I just love you so much, Jack and I was so worried about you!" Then he paused and said, "I can't believe I am going to do this." He leaned over and gave Jack a kiss on the cheek. Jack then looked up at him, reached over and gave him the sweetest little hug and a kiss on Sam's cheek. It was so sweet. Then Sam laid back on the pillow and said, "Um, let's not share this moment with anyone else that's not in the room."

1 comment:

Janet said...

Classic. Katie, you could not possibly make up stuff this cute. Well, maybe you could, but you know what I mean. Your boys are priceless!