Friday, November 6, 2009

Need some ideas...

I am trying to stay ahead of the Christmas season...so I have been making list after list. Now if I DO anything on any of theses lists... Anyway, one thing I try to do is have the boys do an "activity" each day to get ready for Christmas. I made the above box last year, but it is WAY packed away and I have NO idea where it is and I don't think I had the boxes full of ideas anyway. So, I started a new idea list for the boys and I really need some help to complete the list... here is what I have so far (these are random, not in any order):
1. Make an ornament (or 2 or 3)
2. make cookies
3. write a Santa letter
4. wrap present (s)
5. make xmas cards
6. watch "Christmas Story"
7. watch "The Grinch"
8. watch "Charlie Brown Christmas"
9. watch "Polar Express"
10. Buy a Christmas book at Borders
11. make hot chocolate and read a Christmas story
12. Visit Santa
13. Camp under the xmas tree
14. Go to a holiday/Christmas show
15. make xmas chain to count down the days
16. Jolly Holiday lights

I need 8 more ideas...
I would do some snow related things, like build a snowman, but I can't count on the snow...I don't count the tree because it is put up in November...sometimes. So if you have any ideas..please share!!!

3 comments:

nanny/mom said...

do the cookie walk at the Ankeny Historical museum on Dec 5th, saturday. I already purchased a ticket for you.

do snow angels and build a snowman...hopefully this will NOT be possible because it won't snow until February and only for one short week.

mom/nanny

JulieB said...

How about taking food to the food pantry one day - season of giving, but in a different way? Or take them shopping with $5 each and have them pick out things for it - my nephew loved it.

We made Shrinky Dinks when we were kids - something I still love to do!!!

A photo shoot one day with Santa hats?

Have fun!!! I love traditions!

Katie... said...

Awesome ideas...love the food pantry thing!! Thanks for your input!
K