Thursday, September 24, 2009

One Happy Junker...

Went to a big junk fest in Minneapolis last weekend called the "Junk Bonanza." When I first walked in, I was so happy , excited and overwhelmed. I thought I was going to have to step out for air, then I spotted a picnic basket full of bottle caps...didn't take me long to start digging!! I did a lot of digging and hunting and found some prizes!
This is an old bankers register drawer. The wire pieces flip up (to hold money at one time.) I already have a project in mind...those little wires will be great to hang items from and to tuck pictures. The white bars on the wires have a letter form the alphabet on them. The box at the bottom is not connect to the register drawer. It is one of 5 bread forms, that are connected together (perfect for holding my wood stamps.)
This is a picture of most of my good junk. I love the junk sign. I am going to use the box on the right as a printer's box and put pictures and other do-dads in it...another project idea! I used the wooden box on the top (which I LOVE!) to put all my paints, glues, paint brushes and mists in...worked perfect! The white tool box holds some of my stamps that I use most often. I really like that one, too. Bought several bags of buttons and junk for cheap!!
A close up of my wonderful white tool box. The lid opens and stays up!! I am using the can for pens and pencils on my desk...will need to think of something clever to write on the can. Old stamps...an "S" for Sam and some quotes. The "clippy" items on the left are old perm curlers. I am going to use them to hang pictures from things.
A close up of my favorite item...the one I used for my paints. it is an old farmers box. I washed it out with the hose and each cubby held the water...no leaking...they sure don't make them like they use to!!

No comments: