Monday, July 6, 2009

Speechless...

I seriously cannot believe I am posting this, but if you are a parent, then you know exactly how I was feeling...
At swim lessons last week, Jack had a bit of trouble listening. Instead of listening, Jack liked to entertain himself...sometimes at "expense" of others. Notice how the little boy beside Jack is listening to directions...not Jack...and suddenly I was screaming in my head, "NO, JACK, NO! DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!"
too late...the boy that got Jack's water fountain, thank heavens, didn't even flinch. (until Jack did it the second time.)
Once they swam to the other side of the pool, Jack started his, "Ahoy mates. I'm a pirate," routine. Jack was the youngest in his group, so thank goodness the others didn't pay him much attention. (I am hoping the parents didn't either!)
It is one of those parenting moments where you want to step away and ask the other parents, "Whose kid is that??"

2 comments:

Janet said...

lol That's such a boy moment! I can't believe you got a photo of that!

nanny/mom said...

I am smiling and even laughing (LOL?) at the little guy.
It was innocent... not malicious (says the grandma) and really funny.

Many of us would like to live in "Jack's world"