Friday, June 26, 2009

The Challenge of Me...

I think my calendar is off on my blog...it has not been publishing like it should be...sorry that there was no blog on Thursday...I am sure you were all very bummed out not knowing what was going on in my life!!

I signed up for an online class, at Big Picture Scrapbooking, called "The Challenge of Me." We are to create layouts and do journaling that tells different stories about ourselves. If you remember, I decided to write 40 stories about me before I turn 40, in March. I thought this would be a great way to force me to write those stories, considering I have only written two. The class is 4 weeks and each week we focus on a different category. We are also given a challenge list, which the instructor wants us to try with our LO. One item on the challenge was to use a shape paper - which I did with this layout. If you look closely, I also painted on my paper for the first time. It looks pretty gloppy in the picture, but not so bad in real life. I also sewed the words, "my life" with the Bazzill In-Stitch kit. I really like painting and stitching...I am sure you will see more!!

The class began today and we were to make the section page for this week's topic, which is "Me." So, this is my divider page. It is an 8x8 page as is my entire album. Which is good - I am to make six layouts, that tell a story about me, by next week...wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Wow, Katie, that is super cool! I'm impressed with both your stitching and painting. You know I'm challenged with both!
I love the idea of writing 40 stories. Such a treasure! A couple of years ago, my mom wrote down several of the "legendary" stories she always told about her childhood. I'm sooo happy I have them!

Hope you have recovered from the Scrapbooker X Challenge! Thank you soooo much for coming to help!