Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mac and Cheese...

I love my mom, don't get me wrong. BUT...

Sam went there for dinner the one night and later told me... "MOM, Nanny (my mom) MADE MAC N' CHEESE ALL BY HERSELF!" Oh...(yee) I thought...she makes mac n' cheese all the time. So I say in my best chef knowingness, "Oh, did you have shells and cheese or Kraft?" (two of my specialties, by the way.) Sam looks at me like my head just spun around. "NO! SHE MADE MAC N' CHEESE ALL BY HERSELF!! She... didn't...have...a....... BOX!! It was the BEST ever!!" Oh. I thought to myself again. HOMEMADE mac n' cheese. Just great.

So, Sam came Monday, which is his night to pick dinner, and asked, "Remember when Nanny made me mac n' cheese without a box, do you think we could have that tonight?"

Honestly, several thoughts went through my head at once...NO (was the first), go to your Nanny's (was my 2nd) and then last of all...How the hell would you make something like that and why would you want to make that when you can get it from a box? But, I kindly replied, "Well, I will have to try to find a recipe for that." (but, please DO NOT send me any recipes.)

So, just want to say, Thanks to my mom for setting the bar so high! And could you let me know when you are having "real" mac n' cheese so Sam can have it for dinner?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, you'd also have to learn to boil water...which probably is way to comlicated for you. me

MMN said...

Glad I can impress Sam so easily.
I'll teach him to make it eventually and then he can have it whenever he wants. Until then, he can consider me a slave to his mac'n'cheese appetite.
Nanny