Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hmmmm...spring....

I had my windows opened this morning...I love the sound of the birds chirping, it reminds me of when I was little. I love the smell of the fresh morning air...a bird flew off our roof and I saw it through our window..life is good...


But, what is that??? A bird flew back...and then left again..OH CRAP!! This is what I saw outside my window...you know what that means. Those dang birds are building a bird's nest in our gutters!! Darn it! This means that we (JB) needs to go up there and get rid of it BEFORE it lays eggs! Then you know if they build it once in a place, they will build it again in the same place. So now we will have to keep our eye on the area and I haven't looked, but you know they "leave" their mark with white stuff all over...spring isn't so beautiful right now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I'm laughing... I need to go check their spot by my front door when I get home tonight!!! The SPOT was easily identifiable last year!

Janet said...

Holy crap, Katie, at first I thought that was a really skinny s-n-a-k-e! lol

big sis said...

keep your eyes on those buggers. my "flock" has built an entire apartment complex above my awnings for years....full of moms, brothers, grandchildren, cousins and step children. every year at least one falls out of the nest during "learning to fly season".....and if i don't get it before the dog does......it's playtime!