Friday, January 18, 2013

Currently...

This is a class that I will be teaching tonight at Memory Bound...there are a few spaces left and I would love for you to join us!  Let me share a little background about the class... 

We will be creating the "guts" for a "mini" project life binder to record stories and pictures for the year. The pages we create will fit into a Simple Stories binder of your choice!

 I have finally decided that I am going to use the 8x6 binders, from Simple Stories, for my scarpbooking this year.  The last two years, I have attempted a 12x12 album of project life and I fizzle out about four months into the year.  I become pretty overwhelmed due to the fact that there are 16 pockets to fill for the week and I found myself keeping EVERYTHING to fill the pockets and it got to be too much.  I did more collecting then scrapbooking.

In the binder that we will be creating tonight, each month includes a "Currently..." journal page to record the different things your are "doing" that month. For example, with "enjoying" I would say: dice with friends, candy crush and starting my new scrapbook for the year!
 Needing: to start to exercise again..it ain't pretty!!
Watching: the first season of Sons of Anarchy.
Avoiding: anything that has to do with working out!
Eating: everything and back on Starbucks!!

I like the idea of currently because we change so much through the year, it will be fun to look back on in the months to come!  I have the boys answer these questions at times and then create a fun scrapbook page with the list and a picture of themselves.  it cracks them up rereading the lists from years (like two years!) ago!
 

I love the idea of project life especially with the different options in page refills. The 8x6 Simple Stories binder also has different refill options, but just in a smaller size. Much more "doable" for me. I have the control over how many pictures I want to include...

For the class, you will receive a multi pack of assorted photo page refills to include in your binder!

There are loads of envelopes included in the binder to keep memorabilia.  You can tuck items into a pocket instead of having to scrap each thing!  Much more my style at times!!
 

I received a Fuji instamax camera last year for Christmas and I haven't really used it, due to the fact that I worried about the cost of the film...I have only used one pack of film for the entire year and I LOVE that camera!!  What a waste...use the film...I can buy more!!

 Polaroids are HUGE this year in the scrapbooking world, which reminded me of my camera, so I pulled it out and I have really enjoyed using it...and the pictures fit perfectly into the smaller refill page pockets!!

Banners are another big trend in scrapping and it continues to grow this year!  So, of course I had to include banners in the journal for the class. I used the EK banner punch..super easy!  Now I just need to find a hexagon punch!

The top layer shows one of my favorite page refills. The top two pockets are 4x3 and then a 4x6 pocket at the bottom. LOVE THESE!!  Again, the class is tonight and would love to have you join us!  Lots of fun people have signed up and it will be a great way to spend your Friday night!! 

I have been working on some pages for my "mini" project life album that I will share with you next week!

No comments: