Tuesday, January 22, 2013

40 Bags in 40 Days Update...

NO JUDGEMENT ALLOWED!!
I am happy to report that I am doing pretty well with my 40 bags in 40 days.  I must admit, I do not do a "clean out"everyday, but when I do clean out an area, I count it towards my 40 bags. As of writing this post, I have cleaned out eleven areas.  Yea me!! I am now going to share with you the cleaning out of my make up bag...bags.

Well, from the looks of it, I have saved every make up bag that I have ever been given from the make up counter. Others also believe that I need make up bags, so I take them and say thank you.  Over time, I have collected loads of bags.  Above, shows a few of them.  The large black bag is full of trial make ups.  A weakness of mine!

This little green bag is my "just in case bag" I take with me when traveling.  It contains items that I might need or I might not need.  I guess I thought I might need at least two contact cases, two razors, three sets of ear plugs (???) and loads of band aids. 

Again, NO JUDGEMENT ALLOWED!  I dumped the above black bag and this is what it contained...TONS of trial size make up, shampoo, lotion and other great and exciting things that are perfect for when traveling...though I wouldn't use all of this if I traveled around the world for a year. 

I really didn't even know where to start, so I decided to put like things together. This is a great sorting and cleaning strategy...for most things.  Any way, in this picture, you can see that I have a selection of make up brushes, facial items (cleanser, wrinkle preventer and fixer) and check out all that eyeshadow in the top right corner! You would think at one time I was a disco queen!

This pile contains all the trial size shampoos, conditioners, body washes and lotions.  WHOA! Super clean girl!

I view this as an issue...empty eyeshadow cases. Bone dry eyeshadow cases.
 
And not just one...but two bone dry eyeshadow cases.

Once I sorted through items, this is what I kept.  It all fits neatly into my travel case.
 

These are the extra shampoos, conditioners, body washes and lotions I kept. 

From all that make up, I kept a couple eye shadows, mascaras, bronzers and lipsticks. There is still that off chance I may wear lipstick someday instead of chapstick!!

These are the only facial items I kept.  The others were dried out or old. Ewwww.

I kept two small make up bags...just in case!

This is my throw away pile. 
One more bag to add to my 40 and it does feel good to throw things out!!

No comments: