Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Poor Moosie May...

Last week was quite the week for Moose.

Last Tuesday, she wondered off and was gone for over two hours!  I had no idea where she had gone, so I drove around and still could not find her. Thank goodness, hours later, she did finally show up on the front porch.  Unfortunately, she was not herself.

On Wednesday, she laid around and laid around. She was so not herself...she just laid around and slept.  I started to worry about what she may have gotten into on her little adventure.

On Thursday morning, she woke  me up at 3:30 am.  Moose has NEVER woken me up since we have had her. She has the bladder the size of Jupiter, so I figured she must really need something.  She couldn't wait for me to let her out.  Jason got up at six and she needed to go out again!  I fed her breakfast and then went off to work.

When I got home from work, Moose had gotten sick and had an accident on the floor...her poor tummy!!  That is SO not Moose. I called the vet and they told me to stop feeding her and to bring her in the following morning.

She didn't get sick again, but continued to have diarrhea (is that too much information?) 

On Friday, we headed to the vet and told him about her adventure.  He agreed that she probably did pick up something...what it was...that will remain a mystery!  He did give her a shot so she wouldn't be nauseous or throw up again (unfortunately, the shot is not approved for humans!) and some pills for her other issue.

Side story:
When taking the boys to school, Jack asked if I would be willing to go buy a thing for one of his video games while he was at school. Sam turned around and said, " JACK, are you kidding?  She has a sick dog at home that needs a little TLC!" )

Happy to say, that in 24 hours our Moose is back to being her old self.
I hope this is the only vomit and other "issue" that I must care for the rest of the flu season and too bad that dogs can't get a flu shot! And too bad we humans can't get the anit-nauseous shot form the vet!

2 comments:

Janet said...

So glad she is doing okay now! You may have to put a camera on her neck to see where she's been going on her little outings! :)

Cheryl said...

Poor her and you! I wish she would realize she is an older lady.