Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom and Meg!

Happy Birthday to my two favorite girls!
Yep, mom and Meg were born on the same day!

I think my big sister is pretty fantastic. Who else can I convince, while shopping at IKEA, to crawl under a cow rug and moo out loud?  I did try to get her to go over to the grass rug, with her cow rug, and pretend she was eating the grass. No?  Well, how about going up to customers, with her rug on, and politely asking them to milk her. Again, No? 
"Why not?" I asked.
"I still need to do some shopping and I think that we will get kicked out at that point."
So, I had to clarify:
"So, if we were done shopping, would you do it?"
"Oh sure, as long as mom was done, too."
That's what I love about Meg, she is spontaneous, goes with the flow and OH SO FUNNY!

My mom is pretty spectacular, too. Who else can I just look at and without saying a word, she know EXACTLY what I am thinking and needing. That's my mom. In this picture she came over to help me out with Christmas prep. She loves to decorate gifts, but not wrap them, "I would work at the mall decorating gifts if I didn't' have to wrap them!" she told me once. She had bows, greenery and tags on my presents in 30 minutes this day. She then went on to decorate my house with greenery, bows and ribbon in the next hour. Perfect. That's the best thing about mom, she is there, even without me telling her I needed her, she just knew.
 
I read this on a card and I think it goes for both my girls:
 
She's the one you've know forever.
The one you go to for honest advice and genuine support.
The one who accepts your quirkly little habits and understands you in a way few others can.
She' s the one you can call at any hour - to laugh, cry or complain.
The one whose voice has been there all along, sharing secrets and dreams and singing your song when you needed to hear it most.
She's the one who can read your mind, hear your heart, and love you just they way you are.
She's your lifelong friend...
but so much more.
 
Happy Birthday Mom and Meg.
Love you.
 

No comments: