Monday, April 26, 2010

Thanks to My Mom...

Last week, Jack and I were doing some things outside and suddenly he disappeared. I yelled into the house, "Jack? Are you in here?" "Yes. I am just in the bathroom," he replied. So I went back outside to my sweeping. Shortly after, he came out. Didn't think anything of it. Well...as you know, silly me not to think anything of it. When we came inside, I walked past our bathroom and saw a kitchen stool in there, dripping wet with water. "Jack? Why is there a stool in the bathroom?" He went on to explain, "When I was playing outside my feet got dirty. So, when I came inside, I decided to wash them in the sink." Me: "So you washed your feet in the sink...and you needed the stool to help you get up on the counter so you could sit on the counter?" Jack, "Yep. I was doing it just the way my Nanny showed me how." If you could see my facial expression, my eyebrows were raised quite high. Thanks, mom....:)

3 comments:

aunt said...

Glad to see that i am not the only one that let's the boys do things that make your eyebrows raise!

nanny/mom said...

And this eyebrow raising coming from a girl who at jack's age was washing her hair in public restrooms and using the hand dryer to "style " it.

Aunt - today I taught him how to play a mannequin in store fronts. His mom will love that.

Isn't is fun not having to be the responsible one/

Janet said...

lol It must be a "mom" thing! My mom taught Bailey to do the same thing! I still catch her washing her feet in the sink occasionally! lol